At the tail end of 2015, I found myself feeling depressed, unhealthy, unmotivated. Hooping has been in my life since 2009 but it had lost its shine. I’ve been stuck in a rut, mostly self-induced, and my brain has been processing what my next step should be.
The odd thing is, I KNOW hooping makes me feel good. Perhaps it boils down to feeling good about myself first and foremost, which I haven’t. I’ve been testing the waters on what makes me respond with positivity and right now it’s eating mac & cheese and binge watching Mythbusters. Hmmmmm….
I did make a conscious choice to be a hoop student again. I took workshops with Baxter and Gail O’Brien and although I was giddy from them, my hoop habits did not return. I have not given up hoop! uh, I mean hope!
Have you ever fallen into a hoop funk? I’m sure I’m not the only one. As I make other positive choices I’m sure my faith in the hoop shall return!
Here’s to hooping and happiness in 2016!
- Hooping Funk
- Episode 16 – Bex Burton: Tuning in to the Universe
- Episode 15 – Philo Hagen: Hooping.org, Blogging and Modern Hooping Origins
- Episode 14 – Valentina Martin: Fusion in Life and Love
- Episode 13 – Carolyn Mabry: Caroleeena, YouTube, Putting the Dance into Hoopdance
- Episode 12 – Karma La’Nay: Performing, Costumes, Circles and Grimm. Oh My!
- Episode 11 – Caterina Suttin: Inspiration & Creativity
- More Podcasts On The Way!
- Episode 10 – Antonio Gomez and 10 Years of the Bay Area Hoopers
- Episode 9 – Beth Lavinder!